Monday, May 28, 2007

PREMONITION


Whether or not people think premonitions are a bunch of hooey makes no difference to me. I know...KNOW...they are not. I have had enough of them to be able to discern the difference between a seemingly random coincidence and a strong premonition.

Sometimes I am not as sure that coincidences are coincidences at all, but instead milder, kinder, softer premonitions. But, that is not the subject of this entry. Premonitions are.

I get them. And when I do, my stomach churns from the lightning-swift warning. I get an almost violent and overwhelming surge of anxiety. I have been known to jump to my feet from a sitting position when a premonition strikes. My brain races to process the information the premonition has imparted. It all happens within but a few seconds.

Then I am left to determine what I should do about the forewarning I have been given. I COULD ignore it. Ah, but I have learned not to do that. Why? Because they are almost always correct. In some cases with immediate action on my part, I have been able to prevent the "bad" thing from playing out in its grim entirety. I stopped it in its tracks. I could give many examples that just might knock off your socks, but I am not trying to convince anyone to believe as I do. I am simply explaining me...and this peculiar trait of mine.

I have to admit that it stuns me when I see just how accurate the forewarning was. I have cried when all was said and done. Cried from relief that the scenario was altered to conclude with a more positive ending.

Not all of the premonitions that I have require action. Or maybe not instant action. They still deliver a tremendous wallop or a sensation of being physically ill, however.

There is one that has plagued me since December of last year. It has never left me. And it is growing stronger and stronger. I have done all I can to ensure that it does not come to pass, and I will continue to do so. Unfortunately, it is one that limits just how much I can do. I seek new avenues to circumvent its path, and maybe I have made some headway. I just have not been able to stop it. All indications are that it is proceeding, perhaps at a slower pace, but still moving.

The worst part? I already know it cannot be stopped. I feel it. It hovers. It gets pushed back a step or two, then it takes a leap forward...making up its lost ground. It will happen. Nothing will stop it.

And I hate it. I hate that I know it is there. Lurking. Damaging. Winning.

"Have you ever held something beautiful and know that it will eventually die?" ~The Blind Man by The God Machine

3 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

Hi Nikki!
I always thought we all are born with different levels of intuition. You my friend have alot of it but it can be a gift. Everything dies but I don't believe it's the end. BIG HUG

Your work with animated art is amazing!

I got an email about Walt...very sad! My heart and prayers are with Bonnie.

My frien Helen "Yellow Rose" has also recently passed from ALS. She loved the rose you made her. :)

Much love,
Tammy

Barry Wallace said...

I feel I have a definite empathic vibe - I feel other people's emotions very keenly. When the guy behind me in traffic is pissed because I haven't turned left across the other lane quickly enough, I can tell he's getting pissed. When my daughter is hurt, I can feel her hurt. I get strong indications how other people actually feel, which makes it difficult sometimes to be as forceful as I'd like in situations that demand it because I know how they're feeling from their point of view. Almost like it'd be terribly difficult to punch someone if you felt the blow yourself...

Vedrana M. said...

interesting and beautiful post,i hope everything will turn the best, xoxo