Friday, December 28, 2007

2008



The calendar is new.
Devoid of handwriting.
Fresh, clean pages.
None marked by ink.
Unsullied days and numbers.

But is it really spotless?

The what was exists.
It cannot just disappear.
Dates sparking memories.
A part of me claimed.
Life's events entwined within.

Would I want them to vanish?

Amidst the angst lives joy.
Laughter dwells with tears.
Hope struggles with despair.
Love defies aversion.
Illness tries to pierce wellness.

Do they not help define me?

I am the why.
The how.
The because.
The who.
The what is.

The will be to come from the newness.



*~Nikki/Bedazzled~*

10 comments:

BosieLadie said...

Hope you have a Happy New Year! May 2008 bring happiness and health to you and yours.

Tammy Brierly said...

((((NIKKI))) I've missed you lady! I see you are still bursting with talent and I can add your link to blog lines. I got screwed up in my move, then I tore my roator cuff and now the snow blocks my DSL signal. lol

I'm really happy and thrilled to see you!

Mucho Lovo!

TJ said...

Love YOU!! I have missed you also...I cut Blog ties to do some traveling but am home and trying to touch base with everyone.
Did you get my message about Kimberliegh from Writw Words Writers Club?
Love TJ

V said...

Nikki, Hi I`ve missed you.
Hugs,
V

janmcgauley said...

Nikki,

I also miss you

xxoo
janet

Ananda Valeeva said...

I loved your blog. Congratulations for the words and paintings. They are touching.
I also loved the music you play here. They are inspiring. I tried to join the site to get my jukebox, but is sends erros and doesn´t allow me even to download that. :(
Please, how about the font you are using for the title of you blog? Would you kindly tell me? My email is:
anandaval@gmail.com

Thank you for yout attentions and for sure are you keep visiting your blog.
Regards,
ANanda

Ananda Valeeva said...

sorry for the typing mistakes. I wrote it fast. LOL

V said...

miss you!
V

Anonymous said...

Nikk, I am going to have to DEMAND you post something to this.
I am in need. :-) ~Mary

redsneakz said...

It's June, 2009. Do you know where your blog is?