Friday, November 18, 2005

STILL THE SAME



It is Friday, MY day of the week. The day when I feel a spring in my step and certainly in my thoughts. It is a good day. However, today is the day I had been somewhat dreading in my HOW ARE YOU? entry of November 6.Yeppirs, it is my birthday. My husband filled my ears verrrry early this morning with the sound of him playing Happy Birthday on his guitar. My mother filled them with her singing Happy Birthday to me over the phone. I smiled big time both times. My kids? They have smooched me and hugged me and spoken their wishes for a happy day for me. My friends and sisters have sent me cards and gifts. Could I be any luckier to have such people in my world? Nope.

As much as I love giving gifts to others, I LOVE getting them, too. One of the presents I got today is some gadget that can be used to write and draw on digital photos. It is called Graphire4. It is a toy for me! I will be spending time learning how to use it, because I think it will be a blast. Along with the wireless mouse and the new keyboard I got, I imagine I will be in computer heaven.

Now that little girl pictured above is yours truly. I am guessing I was about five or six in that photograph. It is one of my all-time favorite childhood pics. Why? Because it is SO me. It still is. I was looking at it, and I started laughing...hard! I really have not changed much since then. (Eh, my maturity level has maybe gone up one or two notches, though.) I am still melodramatic when I speak. My hands are still moving along with my mouth. I am still a chatterbox. I still love denim skirts. That little flash of a bare shoulder is still one of my favorite looks~even though I am sure it was unintentional in that picture. I still love to have my shoes match my outfit. And I most certainly still love being happy and having fun.

You can pile on the years, but you just cannot change the inherent nature of a person. I love the little girl depicted above. She was and still is spirited. Good for her!

Happy weekend to you and yours. ::smile::

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~Abraham Lincoln

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

happy birthday!!!! and many more and your pic is cute!!! tawnya

Abadiebitch said...

Do you know how to get to your "dashboard?" If so, go there, look for "new post." Then find a button that says postings. It should give you a list of your postings. Press the edit button, then indent where you want paragraphs to begin. I hope this helps.