Thursday, June 08, 2006

POP ART SELF-PORTRAIT CHALLENGE

I so enjoyed Tammy's pop art self-portrait entry, that I decided to give it a try for myself. Thank you, Tammy! And thank you to Self-Portrait Challenge.net.

How do I feel this image of me represents a self-portrait? Well, the colorful side shows my playful nature, my fondness for laughter and joking, my love of sensuality, my intense passion for all things that draw out more of me.

The gray side represents the world of gray I sometimes find myself in regarding humanity and right or wrong, yes or no, good or bad. It reflects my refusal to subscribe to the zero-tolerance policies put into place in so many situations when a per-case basis should be the standard. It would be correct to assume this is why I am, at times, a contradiction.

How 'bout that...two entries posted in a very short time period! WOOT!

2 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

Nikki, you are beautiful here! I love the two sided expression. Can't wait to see more!

XXOO

Globetrotter said...

Nikki,

This is a beautiful picture of you. The fact that you explained your the two-sided (Mona Lisa comes to mind) facets of your gorgeous personality with such introspection and objectivity, just makes you grow even more and more amazing to me!

Love you!
MAryanne