Thursday, December 07, 2006

EXTRAVAGANZA


Finally. FINALLY. I purchased the tickets in mid-September. I waited none too patiently for the show. Counting down the months, weeks, days. And it finally arrived. And it was absolutely the finest, most spectacular concert/show I have ever seen...bar none. Broadway shows have not wowed me like this concert did. The Rolling Stones concert pales in comparison. Jesus Christ Superstar runs a pretty close second, yet I am still going to have to say that Trans-Siberian Orchestra performs a show that is second to none.

It was men performing wearing tuxes with tails on stage. Women vocalists in black, slinky dresses. Nonstop fog covering the stage floor. A laser light show. A drum solo that was its own Fourth of July fireworks. Voices that were pure and hit every note. Keyboards that sang. Guitars that were electrifyingly played. A violin that was sheer magic. Flames of many colors that shot upward and then dimmed, only to flare skyward once again. A fountain of flames. It was loud. It was soft. It was shattering. It had substance. The songs had meaning. The storyteller's deep voice set the scene for each upcoming song during the show's first half. It was mesmerizing. Sensory stimulation was overwhelming and heavenly.

It was an extraordinary extravaganza. Never will I forget this evening. Never. And I cannot stop smiling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! I tried to get tickets to the same show here last night... tickets sold out before I could get them. They opened up 300 seats on the side of the stage at the last minute and I decided not to do... wishing I had!!! I've heard it was an amazing show! Sounds like it was a very memorable event, one I wish I hadn't missed.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the way you described it makes me wanna go, and I have never even heard of it before.