Monday, December 11, 2006

SANTA'S HO...HO HO~Self-Portrait Challenge, December, Week 2

Soooo, this month's theme for the December Self-Portrait Challenge is RED. A great color, to be sure. And one that is impossibly easy to incorporate into ideas for our self-portraits.

The image I have selected was taken of me this past Christmas Eve. Santa got more than a bit waylaid {pun intended} here at my house. Sorry if your presents arrived a little late. My fault. ::grins wickedly:: And you know what? It is, to me, the perfect example to show that you need not be young or beautiful to have a jolly good time. What is that line from one of my favorite Christmas movies, It's A Wonderful Life? "Youth is wasted on the young." ::chuckle:: Oh so true at times!

9 comments:

boho girl said...

you sexy santa~girly.

Georgia said...

Oooooohhh! Rawr! So sexy.

Anonymous said...

santa's sexy lady :)) great!

Anonymous said...

oh my - is that yours?? woo woo!!

Back in the day, I had to buy a shirt for my.. whatever in the sorority - I called her "Holli's Ho Ho Ho." Your title totally reminded me of that.

I love your first pic! And agree with the youth comment. If only I could age backwards - I would have less energy to be stupid when I'm more likely to be.

Anonymous said...

Nice Mrs. Clause Lingere. I hear my friend April Meowing somewhere. LOL

Kim Carney said...

I was wondering why my presents were late last year ;) That is great! I agree, youth is wasted ;) if only we knew.

Tammy Brierly said...

LOL I can so see you in that! I've loved your red portraits and that last painting. You're fabulous Nikki and I get such a kick out of you!

Loves
xxoo

Nancy said...

Ooh la la...do tell where you got that, would ya??

Nancy

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/notions-of-nancy/entries/2006/12/12/california-winery/1759

Deb R said...

All right! That'll get you on the naughty AND the nice list. :-)