Thursday, April 19, 2007

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

(Acrylics on canvas panel)

A typically busy time of year is the spring, and this year is no exception. I have been lax about posting entries, just as I have been about going on my journal/blog travels to those of you whose words I love reading. Soon, I will go on an around-the-world trip via this computer to visit all of you.

As for this journal o'mine, in recent weeks there have been many times I have wanted to sit down and write and write and write. Much I could say about a number of things, yet I choose not to. Maybe because sometimes saying less is saying more. I do wish our media would at least occasionally adhere to that school of thought.

So, amidst the violent, horrendous, and upsetting occurrences of late, I worked on this painting. 'Tis sometimes my way of escaping the insanity that exists in this world of ours.

For the first time, I painted a picture that was based on a poem I wrote. A poem none of you will read. It is private. For me only. Its words define my existence.

It was an interesting experiment to see if I could make the two one and the same. I think I did it. I hope I did. I feel I did.

And just maybe while you view it, it will make you forget the ugly events for a time.

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards." ~Soren Kierkegaard


Run your fingers through my soul~

2 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

Such a beautiful soul it is Nikki. This painting is awesome and a wonderful expression of you.
XXXXXOOOOOOOO

Charles said...

I think it's beautiful too. As long as you believe that the poem and the painting are one in the same, than they are!