Wednesday, December 28, 2005

WEIRD HABITS


Oh, this game of life on AOL. I have been tagged by Sie at Persnickety Pfft! These are the rules of the game: The first player chose a topic. In this case, the topic is FIVE WEIRD HABITS OF YOURS. You must then write a journal entry listing those weirdnesses you possess~as well as the rules of the game. Then, you select FIVE PEOPLE TO TAG and link their names/blogs in your entry. Go to their journals and leave a comment informing them they have been tagged by you and to read your journal to see in what way they have been nailed! Those five then MUST (note that I insist upon it!) write an entry listing their weird habits and tag an additional five people. I am not going to be nice if you do not play along! And because I am such a good sport, I will play the game.

5 WEIRD HABITS OF MINE:

1. I touch people's hair. Uh huh. Obviously not a stranger's hair; only those who I know well. Sometimes it is to "fix" it so that it looks perfect. Other times it is just because it feels good to run my fingers through it. My nieces have always had me French braid and/or cut theirs. In fact, for years I cut my father's hair~at his request, because he was absolutely fastidious about how his hair was trimmed.

2. The top sheet on the bed MUST be put on pattern-side down, and then the upper edge folded back precisely. And, yes, I am anal about having the sheet and blanket tucked in at the foot of the bed using the "hospital corners" technique.

3. I rub my feet together before I go to sleep (it makes a cute chirping sound...::grin::). My left foot remains still while the underside of my right foot rubs the top of my left foot.

4. I will not drive anywhere without having some sort of beverage in the car. My beverage of choice is Coke or ice water.

5. I straighten crooked pictures on walls. Wherever I may be...offices, homes, etc. It drives me nuts to see a painting that is off-kilter. That weird habit is the reason I fell off a bed at a New Year's Eve party last year. Geez, that was embarrassing.

My turn to tag! Let me ponder. Hmmm. I think I will tag:

CHRIS at It's All About Me

CHRISTINA at My Journey With MS

GABREAEL at Gabreael's Body, Mind, & Spirit

REDSNEAKZ at Separation Anxiety

V at To Grow Is To Be Anxious

Okay, you weirdos...have at it! "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." ~Aristotle

8 comments:

Chris said...

Oh boy. Lucky me. Okay. I'll do. Begrudgingly. I need to ponder it a bit first. The scary thing is, though, I was going to list two of the things you did: The sheet thing and the crooked picture thing. I'm SO anal abour crooked pictures that one year my friend and her husband house sit for us while we were on vacation. When we got home, my friends husband had made every hanging picture crooked! It was so bad, I walked out and made my husband straighten them before I went back in...at 2 a.m. LOL. No wonder we get along so well!

Christina K Brown said...

LMAO.....I only get 5?????


This will be so hard to limit myself!


I will do it when I get lunch. xxoo or after work. xxoo

V said...

Okay! I`ll do it as soon as possible!
Hugs,
V

Tammy Brierly said...

Bon & Mal said to come say hi, so howdy! I'm very anal about pictures and bedding too. I can't get into an un-made bed! My husband thinks it's nuts to make the bed right before you get in it.

Happy New Year!

TJ said...

I do that foot thing also! To funny. I also give my 5 pound Canine Queen a back rub every single night.
TJ~

Anonymous said...

You and I share habit number four. I know the location of every bathroom in town because of it ! Tina

Anonymous said...

Re Number Five:
I recently took my dad on a tour of Malabar Farm, home of Pulitzer Prize winning writer Louis Bromfield, when he was visiting me here in Ohio. While in Bromfield's (amazing) office, dear old dad couldn't help straightening up a frame hanging crooked on the wall. The tour guide cleared his throat: "Ahem," he said. "That is the Pulitzer Prize."

Paula (recently tagged by Christina, so thanks go back to you...)
http://journals.aol.com/paulajlambert/PaulaLambert-Author

Abadiebitch said...

You would have done well in Navy boot camp. One requirement was to put the top sheet on upside down so when the end was folded back the right side of the seam was on top. There was a little girl next to our bunk who would always get it wrong when we had compartment inspections. I swear there were times we were going to beat her down. It is like, WTF, just put the top sheet on the bed upside down. Good grief.

I hate the crooked pictures as well, but I think I hate pictures that are too high even more.