Saturday, January 21, 2006

FANTASY FAERIES

Fantasy Faeries is what I am calling this painting o'mine. ::giggle:: Silly looking picture, isn't it? It is what the goofy little kid in me MADE me paint. She is so bossy.

I told you about my inner child pushing and shoving her way to the surface in a previous entry. I must admit that I have had a blast painting this. It is so far removed from the way I usually attempt to paint. The idea for it came from a children's art book, for cryin' out loud!

Needless to say, I do not consider this a painting to hang in my living room. But, I will frame it and find a little spot for it somewhere. Why? Because it depicts me and my three sisters. My eldest sister is the blue faerie, the next sister is the yellow/orange faerie, I am the red/purple one, and the youngest is green. 1, 2, 3, 4. I intentionally gave myself kind of a wicked face. ::grin::

Note how each of the faeries is connected to another one through the thin strands of paint. That represents the ties we sisters have to each other...our closeness. And we are a tremendously close family. THAT'S why this painting will be matted and framed and hung in my home.

Best thing of all? While I was working on this, I could completely forget the worries I currently have. Once I was seated at my drawing table, those upsetting thoughts perished. Yep, the little brat inside of me made sure I got a respite from stress. She needs to come around more often.

"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary." ~Pablo Picasso

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is charming! I, too, have three sisters, and we have always been very close. Matter of fact, I could not imagine my life without them. How lucky we both are !
Well, I am anxious to hear what the sisters think of this picture ... I am sure they will love the way you depicted them ... I would ! Take care, Tina

Ann Marie said...

No not a silly picture at all. I'm still trying to figure out how you did that. I love it when people come up with new ways of expressing stuff that's important to them. That's really pretty artistic of you!

I'd be interested in learning what comes to your mind in images of fairies ... I can see that you four are close, but you didn't use 4 cow or jaguar pictures ... its fairies. Why is that? What magic?

xoxoxo
Ayn

Bedazzzled1 said...

Tina? You are right. We are both very lucky, indeed. I count my sisters among my best and closest friends. Lifelong friends I cherish.

Ayn? Amazing what watercolors can do when you blow on them through a straw! Simple, eh? As for the magic of the faeries...the magic is love. We were always in a loving environment in our home. Our parents gave us unconditional love. We had what I consider a charmed life. That does not mean there were no bumps along the way, but none that ever caused us to lose the magic.

Ü

Tammy Brierly said...

This is far from silly, it's beautiful. I love the colors and the individual facial features. I bet they match your personalities and I wish all four of you could have a copy.

Chris said...

You need to make a copy for each of your sisters now. I think it's lovely. You're so darn talented!

And by the way, Hi back to you too!

Bon & Mal Mott said...

That is one of the best uses of watercolor we've seen. Fascinating technique!
Bon & Mal

Christina K Brown said...

ah....no wonder we connect. I always connect with Artist. xxoo

I love the quote.