Wednesday, January 04, 2006

MRS. DJ


From at least one previous entry, I have made it abundantly clear that I adore music. I would much rather hear the sounds of it as opposed to that of a television. I cannot think of a single day I have had in recent times that did not include listening to music. I am passionate about it. I am also tenacious. I will hunt down songs like a hunter his prey. If I only know a single line of a song I happened to hear in a store, on the radio, or from someone I know who mentions a song he/she heard and liked but have no idea who sang it or its title, I become crazed until I can locate the song. ::Blessing the online resources available to me to complete these tasks, even if it still takes me hours and hours::

Okay, so there it is. I am a music slut. Maryanne will tell you I am also a tag slut and slutty in other ways. ::grin:: She would be right. Anyway, each time I sit at this computer, I pull up my songs. I have several thousand on here. Yet, I go through periods of time when I play many of the same ones over and over. I never know which ones will be the songs du jour. What I end up selecting seems to match my mood. Or I realize by my selections that I am feeling a certain way, since the songs all have lyrics or sounds that express similar sentiments.

I decided I would categorize some of the songs I have on here. While some may fit into more than one category, I put them in the one it represents the most to me. Actually, I think this is interesting (probably only to me ::smile::) to do. Needless to say, there are a bazillion songs I could place in each one, but I am going strictly by what is stored in just one folder on this computer. This is only a sprinkling of music I have. If you would like me to send you any of these songs, just leave a comment or email specifying which you want. I will happily send them. I am easy that way. Hush, Maryanne.

HAPPY: Ain't Life Grand by Widespread Panic, Stray Cat Strut by The Stray Cats, Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin, Alive by P.O.D., Cracklin' Rosie by Neil Diamond, Misty Mountain Hop by Led Zep, The Circle Game by Joni Mitchell, Dance Naked by John Mellencamp, Dancing In The Streets by Jagger and Bowie, She Bop by Cyndi Lauper, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper, Auberge by Chris Rea, The Lusty Month Of May by Vanessa Redgrave from Camelot, Here For The Party by Gretchen Wilson, Love Shack by B52s

ROMANTIC: Always by Bon Jovi, She's Always A Woman by Billy Joel, I Don't Know Much by Ronstadt and Neville, I'm Not In Love by 10CC, When A Man Loves A Woman by Percy Sledge, Moondance by Van Morrison, Love Song by Tesla, I Love You by Sarah McLachlan, Someone Like You by Sissel, The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack, Amazed by Lonestar, How Can I Tell You by Cat Stevens, Unbound by Robbie Robertson

DROP YOU TO YOUR KNEES ROMANTIC: Seduces Me by Celine Dion, When You Say You Love Me by Josh Groban, The Last Dance by Gino Vannelli, I Go Crazy by Paul Davis, I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight by Cutting Crew, There For Me by Sarah Brightman and Jose Cura, The Dolphins Cry by Live, I Want To Know What Love Is by Foreigner, If Ever I Would Leave You from Camelot

SEXY: Sex by Berlin, Deeper and Deeper by Barry White, Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye, You Shook Me All Night by AC/DC, Let Me Put My Love Into You by AC/DC, Butterfly by Crazy Town, Freak Me by Silk, Erotica by Madonna, Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson, Kiss You All Over by Exile, Women by Def Leppard, Body Weak by Babyface, A Man And A Woman by U2, Blood Sugar Sex Magic by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bump and Grind by R. Kelly, Turn Me On by Norah Jones, Hot In Here by Nelly, Twisted by Keith Sweat

RAW/EXPLICIT: (Ashamed to admit just how many of these I have. Okay, I lie. I love it.) La La by Ashley Simpson, In Public by Kelis, Rough Sex by Lords of Acid, Wet Dream by Lords of Acid, Closer by Nine Inch Nails, Darling Nikki by Prince, Wait (The Whisper Song) by Ying Yang Twins, Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls, Gin and Juice by Snoop Doggy Dog, Pu**y Control by Prince, Gett Off by Prince, I Wanna Lick You (What's Your Fantasy) by Ludacris

HOPEFUL: Imagine by John Lennon, You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban, The Prayer by Bocelli and Dion, I Hope You Dance by Leann Womack, Turn The Beat Around by Gloria Estefan, Bring Me To Life by Evanescence, What A Wonderful World by Eva Cassidy, Can You Take Me Higher by Damn Yankees, A Matter Of Trust by Billy Joel

SAD: Whiskey Lullabye by Paisley and Krause, Good Morning Heartache by Billie Holliday, So Far Away by Staind, Last Kiss by Pearl Jam, In The End by Linkin Park, Vincent by Don McLean, Don't Cry by Guns 'N Roses, Iris by Goo Goo Dolls, The Dance by Garth Brooks, The Rose by Bette Midler, Keep Me In Your Heart For Awhile by Warren Zevon, Live Like You Were Dying by Tim McGraw, 100 Years by Five For Fighting, Could It Be Any Harder by The Calling, Soldier Side by System Of A Down, Live This Life by Big & Rich, A Tout Le Monde by Megadeth, Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross

SOOTHING: Return To Serenity by Testament, Just My Imagination by The Temptations, Run For The Roses by Dan Fogelberg, Blessed by Elton John, Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, Ave Maria by Pavarotti, Angels We Have Heard On High by Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Mozart's Piano Concerto #21, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, You'll Never Walk Alone by The Three Tenors, Chopin's Nocturne for piano and violin, Norwegian Wood by The Beatles

FUNNY/FUN: Just Lose It by Eminem, Back Door Santa by Clarence Carter (thanks Lord Of Butter), Friends In Low Places by Garth Brooks, I Want A Boob Job For Christmas by Bob Rivers, It's Raining Men by Weather Girls, F*** Her Gently by Tenacious D, Figured You Out by Nickelback

DANCE: Shakin' by Eddie Money, Word Up by Cameo, Yeah by Usher, Bounce by Sarah Connor, She Drives Me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals, Mr. Jones by Counting Crows, Smooth by Santana and Rob Thomas, Click Click Boom by Saliva, Bloodletting by Concrete Blonde

ANGRY: Du Hast by Rammstein, Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine, What It's Like by Everlast

HAUNTING/BITTERSWEET: Twilight Zone by Golden Earring, Fur Elise by Beethoven, Ave Adore by Smashing Pumpkins, Save Me by Shinedown, .45 by Shinedown, Broken by Seether, Prayer For The Dying by Seal, Send Me An Angel by Scorpions, Chance by Savatage, Lonely Days by The Bee Gees, One Is The Loneliest Number by Three Dog Night, Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider, If I Close My Eyes Forever by Ozzy Osbourne & Lita Ford, Don't Speak by No Doubt, Hurt by Johnny Cash, If You Could Read My Mind by Gordon Lightfoot, Seventeen by Joni Mitchell, Fade Into You by Mazzy Star, Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, Fortress Around Your Heart by Sting, Pilate's Dream from Jesus Christ Superstar

CLASSICS: Dream On by Aerosmith, Nights In White Satin by The Moody Blues, Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding, Dust In The Wind by Kansas, Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix, Don't Fear The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult, Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf, Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd, Crazy by Patsy Cline, Cemetery Gates by Pantera, The Unforgiven by Metallica, Welcome To The Jungle by Guns 'N Roses, Space Oddity by David Bowie, Simple Kind Of Man by Lynard Skynyrd, Unforgettable by Nat King Cole, My Way by Frank Sinatra, You're So Vain by Carly Simon, Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles

I stopped. There is no way on God's green earth that I can choose just a few to categorize. To leave out songs and various artists seems wrong to me. I surely cannot list ALL of the music I have. Each song I have brings something to me in some form or another. And I reach for them when the spirit moves me. I like it that way.

Maybe there is a song I listed, and it brought up sweet memories for you. Or maybe it just reminded you of another time or place in your life. Whichever it may be, music did leave an imprint on you. Just as it does to me. There is a power it holds over us, even though we are not always conscious of it.

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul." ~Plato

5 comments:

V said...

Wow!
Quite the list!
V

BlogOmar said...

Does that add up to 6031 songs on an IPOD? I THINK NOT!!! Sorry I couldn't resist that one. I love the list. But where's the remix?

tiny dancer said...

Ah...Tenacious D...how bout those memories! hahahaha

Abadiebitch said...

Do you have an Ipod? I don't think I read that you did. Aren't those things good for stuff like this. I like music, but I am afraid I do not have much of an ear for it. Even with poetry, I can only read if it is good, I cannot hear if it is good or not.


Love Marvin Gaye. I need to add him to my profile...same with Barry White.

Ann Marie said...

Bedazzled,

Your list did bring back memories. I know some of these, I'm afraid though not much of what is new. I smiled extra when I saw another song and another from Camelot. It lets me know are wandering romantic too!

Great list!

All of us