Wednesday, January 18, 2006

THE MAGICIAN

The majority of my journal entries are written following the same pattern. First, I have a topic in mind, and I write whatever it is I wish to say about it. Next, I find or create a graphic that seems to go well with the words. Finally, I seek out a quotation that is fitting and appropriate.

There are occasional times when steps two and three are reversed. Very rarely is step one ever not the first step. There are countless beautiful images which would probably fuel my writing, but for some reason, I do not seem to try it that way. Maybe I should.

This is one of those rare occasions when I came across the graphic first, and I am writing my words next. Simone's images can cause that to happen! I have tooted her horn before in this journal. How she can perfect and add those special touches that make her creations so outstanding is beyond me. A gift she has, no doubt.

The Magician is the title of this Simone's Creations image. Simple title. Not so simple thoughts it incites.

Is there a magician who performs his magic on all of us? Some of us? Do we have to ask for him to cast his spells? Or does he choose to do so on his own? And are these magic acts of his always for the sake of good, or are there also ones that can do harm?

To me, this depicts no Las Vegas magician sawing people in half or making bodies levitate. Nor does it seem to depict someone who wishes to hurt others. What I see is a wise man studying his books of magic, further committing to memory the various spells he might need to use. He sits there by candlelight, leading me to believe he has been busy all day and is now taking some time at nite to refine his skills.

Odd, though, one of the most striking things about this entire picture is the key in the upper left corner. It is not the focal point of the image. Not at all. Yet, it holds the most significance in my mind. It represents the key to the magic. ALL of the magic.

You see, I think we were given the key to finding the magic. We can go through life and wish for this and wish for that. But unless we look for it ourselves and allow ourselves to see it when it is right there before us, we will forever be wondering why our lives are bland and colorless. The key can open the door to the rich colors that can brighten our worlds.

The magic IS everywhere. There may be other terms used to describe it, however. Nature provides magic every single day, does it not? We are not told that the falling rain or snow is the result of magic or that the rainbow has appeared because of magic. The stars in the skies, the reliable rotation of the earth, the descent of the sun, and the ascent of the moon all have lengthy explanations attached to their presence. And the "M" word is not anywhere to be found.

When your fingertips touch those of another and an electrical spark is felt by both people, isn't that magic? If your heart leaps when you are with someone you care about, what do you make of that? And what of the miracle of a child born? Scientifically, we all know how and why that happens. Does it make it any less magical? Not to me, it doesn't.

The list is endless. We are completely surrounded by The Magician's spells. We only need to open our eyes, our minds, and our hearts to see, smell, taste, touch, and feel them. Use that key each and every one of us has been given.

Oh, I forgot. The Magician has a name...it is God.

"The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts

7 comments:

Christina K Brown said...

Oh, I forgot. The Magician has a name...it is God.



Amen sister!!!

What a wonderful entry, I think I shall move in.

Tammy Brierly said...

Love picture, words and quote!

Insightful entry :)

Tawnya said...

I love this entry. It is all very true, and while me may know where children come from, it doesn't make it any less magical for me either. Sometimess the magic doesn't work and we lose one like I have or sometimes it works for another thing in your life. Magic is all around us, we just have to see it. Sometimes that is the hardest thing to do. Tawnya

V said...

Beautiful!
V

Abadiebitch said...

The magician looks like Dumbledore to me.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story, isn't that a picture of the head master of Harry Potter's stories? It is beautiful. How come it has do not rip my stat on it when it isn't in as a stat?

Bedazzzled1 said...

TO ANONYMOUS:

I had to ask permission from the creator of that stat (Simone of Simone's Creations) to use it in my blog. She gave me carte blanche to use any of her stats in my blog. The key being that I ASKED FOR PERMISSION.