Thursday, May 04, 2006

B IS FOR BEDAZZLED


This alphaBetical series of entries will most likely take on a somewhat Bizarre twist from time to time. Why? Because I have such fun thinking up ways to entertain myself in this journal. And since B is for Bedazzled, I suppose this entry will Be the strangest of all. ::smile::

I am Beyond excited playing with my PSP program. The aBove puzzle is something new I learned how to do minutes prior to posting this entry. As odd as it may seem to others, I get great pleasure from creating something as simple as the graphics for my journal. A few I have created even Bedazzle me!

::tapping my chin thinking what else I should say aBout myself and what I find Bedazzling::

Books Bedazzle me. I think far too many people overlook certain Books thinking they are Beneath their intelligence. Ah, But I think they are wrong. A Book does not need to Be full of 50-cent words to impart a powerful message to its readers. Take a look at children's Books. I truly Believe some of them have the aBility to convey a wealth of wisdom through their simple illustrations and simple words (some of which are even goBBledygook words). You can be a Book snoB just as easily as someone can Be an art snoB or a car snoB. Sadly, Being that way may cause you to Be unaBle to see the forest Because of the trees. Spend the Big Bucks on those heavy, 500-page Books that will allegedly help you understand the riddle of life. Read them and mayBe you really will see the Big picture...just Be sure you have your dictionary handy to Be aBle to follow the author's words. Perhaps you will not need the dictionary, But I would wager you will not get any closer to finding the answers to life like you can with some of the incredible Books written By children's Book authors such as Shel Silverstein or Dr. Seuss. Yes, those two immediately come to mind.

Ever read The Giving Tree By Shel Silverstein? It is a classic kids' Book that defines unconditional love and the pure gift of giving. It is definitely a tearjerker. I do not need to get all intellectual to know what the message in that Book is.

Try reading Dr. Seuss's Oh, The Places You'll Go! I do not care if you are 10 or 100, that Book will guide you through life and all the ups and downs of it. And it is done in Dr. Seuss fashion with the charming made-up words and rhymes. It is my all-time favorite Book in the world, and I hope I will Be reading it until the day I die.

Jewelry Bedazzles me. Uh huh. I am a Bit of a Bling Bling Broad. I love the way jewels sparkle, the many colors of gems, the various ways stones can Be set in necklaces, rings, earrings, and tiaras. LOL! I do not have a tiara. I just kinda threw that in the mix.

I am utterly Bedazzled by creativity. Other people's or my own. It is a thrill to see what people are capaBle of creating with all sorts of mediums. Learning my own limits and then pushing them to see if I can get past those walls is a challenge I am always up for.

Children Bedazzle me to pieces. I love them. They keep me young at heart, make me laugh, try my patience (which is actually a good thing for me to improve), astound me with their oBservations, and Bring out my nurturing instinct. Some even own my heart. ::smile::

Who cannot Be completely Bedazzled By all that nature allows us to see? No matter the season, the time, or the place, there is always a Bedazzling element to Behold and emBrace.

Listening to the diversity of music is Bedazzling. Just think how many years music has Been around. And still we come up with new techniques, new instruments, new words, new compositions to delight our Beings.

People in general are Bedazzling creatures. While I wish I could say I like all people, the sorry fact is that I do not. Some are not likaBle to me. Never will Be. If I make it to Heaven, I would imagine I will somehow Be chastised for that inaBility to like all mankind. I will probably Be forced to room with someone I despise for eternity. Ugh. Wait. That sounds more like Hell to me. ::grin::

Who am I kidding? I will not possiBly Be aBle to sit here and list all the enchanting things that Bedazzle me. There are far too many. From the tiniest of things to the Biggest of things, I am Bedazzled by something on a daily Basis.

I cannot end this entry without saying that God is By far the most Bedazzling of the Bedazzlings. Always has Been, always will Be.

“An enchanted life has many moments when the heart is overwhelmed with beauty and the imagination is electrified by some haunting quality in the world or by a spirit or voice speaking from deep within a thing, a place, or a person. Enchantment may be a state of rapture and ecstasy in which the soul comes to the foreground, and the literal concerns of survival and daily preoccupation at least momentarily fade into the background.” ~Thomas Moore

7 comments:

Gannet Girl said...

Wow, what a great entry. And the Thomas Merton quote is such an apt ending -- talk about someone who was bedazzled!

Tammy Brierly said...

Very creative, I'm bedazzeled :) Your quote inspired a poem I entered in a contest. I loved it!

WingWoman said...

wow, wow and wow! I'm Bedazzled! Thank you for the kind comment on my post today and for leading me here to be reminded how good a place the world is - filled with such brilliant souls - you truly are Bedazzling :-)

Bon & Mal Mott said...

This is proving to be a hugely enjoyable undertaking.
It's a shame that there are only 26 letters.

Jod{i} said...

B is for........

Hee hee :grin: Beautiful! Beautiful words from an equally beautiful lady!
I like this Nikki! Too cool!

:)

V said...

Nikki! The gif is terrific!

So many gifts you have! Thanks for sharing them!
V

Globetrotter said...

It's wonderful that you are still bedazzled by so many things.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, but all my big-eyed enchantment ended when I moved to Florida. I'm just a sponge without water now.

I do love children's books though, and I always enjoyed reading them to the kids and sharing their laughter in simple things like Goodnight Moon and Mickey in the Night Kitchen. Man did we wallop at his little bare hynee! And yes.. the Giving Tree is a lovely story.

I watched Forrest Gump again the other day and I think we should all look at things and people with the same childlike innocence as Forrest. Wouldn't that be cool?

Nikki, stay bedazzled always. And try to be good so you don't have to share a dorm room with Hillary Clinton in heaven.