Sunday, October 01, 2006

BREAK

My muse appears to have run off with Dot (see YO-YO entry regarding her); both leaving me in the lurch. With their absences, I am reduced to a quiet woman without a creative bone in her body. My paintings reflect it, and my unusual semi-silence on the keyboard is further proof of it.

Also, I am very far behind reading the journals of others, and I feel terrible about it. I cannot seem to get in a good block of time so I can catch up on the words of those people for whom I have great admiration and respect.

I do not recall ever taking a break from blogging, except when I have gone out of town. I do believe the time is right for me to step away from this blog. It is pointless to write merely to fulfill some self-imposed rule that I post entries at least two to three times a week. I see no sense in that. I will, however, continue to enter my weekly posts for the Self-Portrait Challenge, unless my lack of creativity makes that an impossibility, too.

Perhaps if I no longer have my own journal to tend to, I will be able to make the rounds to those wonderful blogs and read what is going on in those worlds. I would like that very much. There is truly something about the people whose journals are saved in my favorites that makes me feel balanced. I gain new insights and perspectives, which I believe is a vital part of life...looking at everything through the eyes of others. Be it in my real world or this virtual one.

I also need to work through some things, and I am hopeful I can do just that within a short period of time. I could be back to posting regularly in a week or a month. We shall see.

Finding myself in a museless place is not where I was meant to be. And I have no intention of staying there for a long time.

Be well.

3 comments:

Barry Wallace said...

I enjoy blogs that write about smaller, random things during the week. It's a nice counterpoint to the one-post-a-day blogs that are more of a journal. Maybe you should try that? It doesn't have to be anything momentous, just say what's on your mind.

Don't go - we'll miss you :)

Tammy Brierly said...

I love you my friend! I will miss your thought provoking and creative posts. I know you will be back and check in so we know you are ok...right?

XXOO

Bon & Mal Mott said...

Thanx for the comments, Nikki. It seems that we both are feeling -
something - that leaves one unable to properly write. We hope you quickly recover, and know that you are not alone.

Hugs,
Bonnie and walt