Monday, November 13, 2006

PRINCESS GLAM~Self-Portrait Challenge, November, Week 2

Ah, there are just those times when you feel exactly like a storybook princess. I have been fortunate enough to have had many such times in my life. It is an adventure into long ago and faraway. And all is right with the world.

The following picture depicts one of those magical evenings. (I have recreated it by donning the same dress, jewelry, and wearing my hair swept up and back.) We had a party to attend. A lavish party. A glamorous party. This was not a time to be dressed suggestively, however. It was important to be attired in clothing and jewelry that presented a more proper look. Many people would be in attendance.

My earrings and necklace are rhinestones, yet they fooled people left and right. Never one to pretend something is what it is not, I immediately thanked them and then informed them that they were not real diamonds. Maybe I should have let it go, but it feels right to me not to leave anyone with a false impression. Anyway, I loved how the necklace followed the neckline of the dress.

That evening was most assuredly a gathering of princesses and handsome princes. The only thing missing was a tiara atop my head. ::grin::

And because I am a sucker for making graphics that glitter and sparkle, I have also posted the same picture after I animated it using my animation program.


November's Self-Portrait Challenge theme: "Let's ditch those imperfections and go all out GLAM for November. Yes let's glam it up with some disco, diamonds and glitter. I suggest some gorgeous shots - really over do it on the posing and makeup and dressups and show us the extrovert you. The sexy mama in the kitchen with the peek-a-boo apron or how about some diamontes on those dungarees, stillettos, feathers and lycra. Looking for ideas then go no further than Glam Rock as your inspiration, KISS, David Bowie, and Queen and Garry Glitter. Glam means dressing androgynously in make up and glittery, florid costumes such as David Bowie during his Ziggy Stardust phase or The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Get Glam everyone!"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that bling!

Anonymous said...

Love the animated sparkle! Very glam.

Vedrana M. said...

sparkling portrait :D nice!

Deb R said...

I love both the classic glamor of the top version and the glittery fun of the second version. :-)

Nancy said...

Nikki..you fairy princess in hiding. How lovely.
And those sparkles are terrific!

Nancy

Barry Wallace said...

Look at those freckles - can I connect the dots? ;)

Georgia said...

Oh, how fun!!! WHat do you use to animate it with???

xoxo
Georgia

Kim Carney said...

THAT IS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!! (how DID you animate that?)

Diz Rivera said...

NO WAY! That's awesome.

Jeremy Stockwell said...

Awesome! The sparkle version is just perfect for the theme!

hollibobolli said...

I love wearing sparkly pretties!! Real or not, it makes me feel like a princess. I love the animation - how fun!!

Anonymous said...

SO great. I love your sparkle!