Wednesday, April 05, 2006

EROTIC...OR NOT?


This painting may or may not be the final version. I need to look at it later. Usually, when I finish one, I step away from it for a time. When I return to it, something that is missing or needs adjusted sticks out like a sore thumb. Then there are those frustrating moments when a painting I thought I liked suddenly looks terrible to me. Time will tell how I feel about this one.

The main point of this entry is eroticism. I found a black and white photograph of this couple and was immediately taken by how erotic it was. My mind conjured up all sorts of scenarios that led up to the image I recreated (with some artistic license) here. Without the slightest bit of prodding, my thoughts took it further. To the end. To the climax, so to speak. ::smile::

Maybe it is only I who finds pictures like this to be highly erotic. Much more so than your run-of-the-mill nude couple. I suppose part of the appeal is because it leaves something to the imagination. And I do love my imagination. Part of it could also be the way the man and woman are positioned. Another very erotic aspect of it is that they are kissing. I do not think anything is more intimate than a passionate kiss. The joining of lips tells so much about the depth of feelings and the intensity of the passion.

This was a very fun painting for me to paint. I am quite happy I attempted it. Now, I just have to decide if I genuinely like it enough to keep it.

"What is erotic, like taste in art, is subjective." ~Kelly Borsheim

7 comments:

Jod{i} said...

Oh Nikki I love this painting...
You sound like me and all my artist friends..lol..One keeps coming over and wanting to take one of her paintings back to "do something" NO NO NO, I will never get it back! I love the way it is...
Ahhh but I do the same thing...
Let it sit...I get that!

Peace

TJ said...

{{{{ Nikki }}}} I love it! This is completely beautiful and what a great job!! {{ENVY}}
I love the coupling...it does leave lots of room for my imagination and girl is my mind on fire!
I am off to do better..thanks for this.
TJ

TJ said...

Prepare to laugh....
I showed my husband your picture.
His exact words was " GEEZUZ, that is is great!" laughing he then says.."have any of yours made it pass the trash yet?"
My answer Nope! but I feel enlightened and encouraged.
Gotta love the effects we ahve on each other...

Gannet Girl said...

Yes, what I like about it is that they are only partially exposed. Subtlety is so much more erotic than flamboyance.

Tammy Brierly said...

Very erotic! I love partial nudity and even the way her hair flows. Awesome job!

XXXOOO

V said...

It`s a beauty, & a Keeper!
Hugs,
V

DEREK said...

It's beautiful, I love it!

D