Monday, April 17, 2006

PEEKS


I promised peeks of my bedroom and bathroom that I have recently redecorated. I can honor part of that promise right now. I slipped in an additional color, by the way. When it was only gold and blue, it looked unfinished to me. I decided on maroon as the third color, and I am pleased with the choice. I still have more things I need to do with the room, but the bulk of what I had wanted to accomplish is done.

There are no photographs of the bathroom...yet. Up came the new rugs and down came the new towels when an area of drywall needed patched. (That is a story in and of itself!) No way was I going to let white dust settle on them. Plus, there are a few cracks in the grout around the tile in the shower that must be repaired. Until those two jobs are finished, I am going to withhold putting out anything pretty in there.

Hubby arrived home from his fishing trip, and I had not told him I was pulling a decorating surprise on him. In fact, when he would call, I would tell him I was just kicking back and relaxing. He was home for maybe five minutes when I lured him upstairs to take a bath with me. (Hey! I had been without a man for SIX days!) He opened the bedroom door, stepped just inside, and his eyes flew wide open...as did his mouth. He looooved the new look. Yay!



And Easter Day was quite perfect in all respects. Count me as one individual who feels blessed. ::smile::

"They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." ~Andy Warhol

6 comments:

Jod{i} said...

okay so when you coming over to do mine...I will give you carte blanche...even!

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely .... the room looks so nice and inviting. Doesn't it feel great to finish a project like this? Every time you walk in the room now, it will give you that feeling of satisfaction all over again. Good for you ! Tina

TJ said...

Ohhhhhhhhh romance! I LOVE IT!@
Shit now i want to redo mine!!
Or come sleep in yours...LOL!
U rock girl...
TJ

Tammy Brierly said...

Very warm and sexy! I bet he loved the new love den. Hehehe

The blinds opening is very clever!

Hugs

V said...

Beautiful!
V

BosieLadie said...

Very nice! I'm glad Hubby liked it!