Monday, April 03, 2006

MONTANA, BASKETBALL & A BIRTHDAY


Who says you have to leave the United States to see glorious sights? Certainly not I. I think we have some gorgeous places right here to be appreciated. The above photos of Montana prove my point. They were taken during the trip my husband and kids went on without me.

I loaded these photos from the hubster's camera onto my computer very late Saturday nite. My worn-out husband and children were fast asleep when I did it. I transferred the pictures to a CD, and I sat here viewing them as a full-screen slide show. Wow! What fabulous sights they saw and adventures they had.

Yes, the guilt bug bit me. The "should have gone with them" insect would not let go. It took some doing for me to pry it from me, and only then after repeatedly telling myself that I NEEDED the solitude I found during their absence. Besides, the end result was a happier me and a family that met me with lots and lots of smiles, tight hugs, and kissssssses. It was evident they had missed me, as I had them.

The one photo displayed here is a close up shot of an elk. Hubby had told me he had gotten very near it to take its picture. He had also mentioned that it charged him! He ran, and it finally stopped its chase. After they arrived home, I asked my daughter if "Daddy had screamed like a woman while the elk was charging him." She said he had not. Pffft. I could have had some fun with that had he been a wussy.

Some of the other photos are of the entrance to Yellowstone Park, Boiling River, Big Sky mountains, the $1.6 million house they stayed in, and dog sledding. There were other places they visited, but far too many for me to put in here. They kept VERY busy. No wonder they were exhausted after they made it home.

NCAA BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT: I do not want either of the teams to win the championship game tonite. I dislike the coaching style of Florida's coach. He is far too Pitino-esque and foaming at the mouth during games. And I dislike UCLA for reasons that pertain to the highly-questionable acquisitions of the players that led the school to their lengthy string of past championship titles.

Because it is practically impossible for me to watch any sporting event without choosing someone to cheer, I guess I have to go with Florida. The LONE reason I will be rooting for them is because I have the hots for Joakim Noah. ::swooooooon:: That is one fine looking young man. All 6' 11" of him. For a big man, he moves with a grace that is seldom seen in someone his size. (I would imagine that comes from his father, Yannick Noah.) His face is almost pretty, and his ponytail is sexy. Mmmm, he is hottttt.

Geez, I guess broads in their forties can be considered dirty old women. ::grin::

BEST NEWS OF THE DAY: My son's birthday is today! Yay for him! I am 100% proud of the young adult he has become. He is incredible. I could not have handpicked a more terrific son. I have been blessed.

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." ~G.K. Chesterton

AND

"Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time." ~Jean Paul Richter

8 comments:

Abadiebitch said...

The picture is beautiful. You are right, the down time you needed was worth the sacrifice, you will see. Squash that little insect. HAH!

Happy birthday to your boy. I am sure his birth is like yesterday in your mind.

Tammy Brierly said...

Very beautiful place, but you needed Nikki time. If we don't replenish our spirits, we have nothing left to give those we love.

Happy BIRTH day my sweet friend! You are loved and blessed.


Love ya,,
Tammy

V said...

Joakim`s Mom is a former Miss Sweden!
I`m for the Gators too and, Great Pics!
V

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures .... I'm glad they had a good time. I think it's great that you did what you needed to do for you. Sometimes it's more relaxing and renewing to have your own place to yourself, and not have anyone else to worry about for a few days. What a treat ... good for you ! Tina

redsneakz said...

It was kind of neat to listen to Florida open up a big can of whup-ass last night on UCLA, and distressing to hear the honking tones of Bill Walton. I have really come to loathe hearing that man's voice.

TJ said...

A few years bacK i pleaded with my husband to take me to Montanna pulling a large trailer. I wanted Rocks, rocks from Montanna are the best.
The colors are rare earth to me, someday maybe I can just be happy to go and take what I can acarry in my hand.
I am glad your family's get away didn't prove to be a bad experience for you. So many women can't love that special time for being alone. I have always loved it...never afraid to be alone. My mother and daughter-in-law have NEVER spent one night alone ever...odd?
Hugs TJ

Jod{i} said...

HEY! We broads in our ahem forties are just more ummmmmm wise? Hee hee

Gannet Girl said...

I have been on exactly that trip your family took, down to soaking in the Boiling River. What an incredible pleasure to see that slide show.