Tuesday, April 18, 2006

HUMP DAY MUSINGS



If you think about it, Wednesdays get a bad rap. First, there is the "Wednesday's child is full of woe" saying for those unfortunate enough to be born on that day of the week. Then, to the work force, Wednesday is known as "hump day." Like if you can just make it through a Wednesday, the weekend is close at hand. Neither one of those is particularly an upbeat thought.

Of course, I like to think we could switch the meaning of HUMP DAY to something far more pleasurable. ::wicked grin:: But, alas, I best not go into the details here.

Sooooo, I painted a couple of pictures recently. Yes, I am still putzing around trying new things with watercolors. During March Madness, I got so wound up watching the extremely close games that I needed to have some outlet for the tightness I felt. (I get so into the games!) I sat in front of the television while a game was being played and whipped off a sketch of a woman. After I got the sketch roughly drawn, I painted her in watercolors. Oh, the entire painting is only 3" x 5". I am still in miniature mode, I guess. Do I even know who the heck the chick is? Nope. But, I want to look like her! LOL! I was attempting to depict a provocative woman. Even I will admit that she has some great cleavage going on in the painting. ::grin::

Along came April, the basketball games were over, and spring had sprung. I got all mushy with the colors creeping into the landscape throughout my city, and I decided to paint a picture with flowers in it. So, picture #2 is the result of those feelings. It, too, is only 3" x 5". I think I like painting tiny pictures.

Now, I am going to attempt to paint using acrylics. I have all the supplies thanks to my sister who bought them for me for Christmas. We shall see how I do with that medium. I have no idea what the subject matter will be. Probably whatever pops into my mind after I lay out the canvas and supplies. Wish me luck, please. I think I will need it. ::smile::

AND today is my daughter's birthday! Yay for her! She is a jewel with a smile that is the kiss of sunshine. April certainly is a big month for my family. Both kids' birthdays and my wedding anniversary and Easter (usually) occur during April. Geez. It makes me not want to shop for the rest of the year.

If you believe that last sentence, you do not know me at all. ::chuckle::

Happy hump day to you!

"Many years ago in a period commonly known as Next Friday Afternoon, there lived a King who was very gloomy on Tuesday mornings because he was so sad thinking about how unhappy he had been on Monday and how completely mournful he would be on Wednesday." ~Unknown

5 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

Your paintings are terrific! My favorite is the window :) Dave had to go in for jury duty today. I guess this Wednesday is not a good day :)

Hugs

V said...

Love the cleavage!
Happy B`Day to your daughter!
V

TJ said...

Wow! looking good..I love what you paint. I just keep plugging away...someday a piece I will like.
LOL!
TJ

TJ said...

Ps. I like the song...lots!

Abadiebitch said...

Love the pictures. The second is full of beautiful colors! I would be proud to hang that on my wall, it is so refreshing and jovial!

I hope your daughter had a grand birthday.

I am a Tuesday child, not sure what I am full of, but I don't think it is woe.