Tuesday, July 18, 2006

SELF-PORTRAIT AS A PUDDLE, SP Challenge, Week 3, July

(SELF-PORTRAIT CHALLENGE, July, Week 3, Theme: Self-portrait as...)

Sometimes I am the rain...and sometimes I am the puddle.



When I am the rain, I am feeding something of value to others, refreshing everything my drops touch. I am nourishing those around me, and sometimes even helping others to grow and thrive.

Ah, but when I am the puddle, I get jumped on. Driven over. Splashed about. Or completely avoided.

Except for those times when children find great fun playing in a puddle, I think I prefer being the rain.

9 comments:

Kim Carney said...

very fun! love your colors

Tammy Brierly said...

I love stomping in puddles, even now :) I would never stomp on a beautimus Nikki puddle, because it is full of her rain spirit.

HUGS to my best gal!

dani said...

i love your idea alot.
well done!

JC said...

Cool picture!

Deb R said...

I think being the rain sounds better too. But your PuddlePic is lovely.

kimmy said...

your sentiment and photo are equally lovely :)

Bon & Mal Mott said...

Your take on rain is intriguing. For some reason, rain always makes us melancholy. Maybe the difference lies in the spiritual vs. physical. Nevertheless, the hybrid photo is a beauty.

Hugs,
Bonnie and Walt

Anonymous said...

so creative...i love it!

turquoise cro said...

O! I love this! Hope you aren't a puddle often! Great SP!