Friday, February 10, 2006

HOPE

"A quick fix of hope is what I'm needing." ~Could It Be Any Harder by The Calling

I love that line from the song. I love the entire song. It is about a lost love. However, that one line is appropriate for so many other situations in which we find ourselves as we stumble and run and skip and fall throughout our lives.

Hope WAS what I was needed. And I got more than just one fix of it in various ways during the past few days. Like almost everyone, I will probably be requiring yet another dose of it at some time in the future. For now? I am quite satiated.

Odd what happenings can supply the hope we require. It can arrive in the form of discovering something about ourselves that is a positive one. Or maybe an unexpected kind word spoken to us or about us. It can be in the guise of smiles directed our way.

There are also the obvious sources of hope. Good news supplies us with a great sense of hope. (So, why doesn't the media seem to embrace THAT?) Relief from worry brings with it a sense of renewal and hope. Being loved well is an all-encompassing, ongoing fount of hope. Religion and/or spirituality can surround us with the hope we seek.

We each find it in all sorts of places, ways, and people. Isn't it grand when we can actually FEEL it inside of us? There is a straightening of our shoulders, an easiness with which a smile makes its way to our lips and seems to linger there, a brighter cast to our eyes, and an inner glow that stays with us as we hustle and bustle through our days.

When Pandora's Box was opened and spilled all its ills, diseases, and woes on a previously innocent and worry-free world, do you know what the very last thing was to depart from that box?

It was HOPE.

"Hope is the dream of a soul awake." ~French Proverb

5 comments:

DEREK said...

Great entry, full of hope! Your so talented! Have a great weekend!

Ann Marie said...

AHA! You got it! HOPE! Makes life worth living ... maybe not for what is to come, but that no matter where I am I can find myself ready for anything next to come. As a multiple I often wake up hoping only that I am still me! Or, at least somebody else.

Hehehe ain't life grand?!! I say let's go for it!

xoxoxo
Us

Abadiebitch said...

Me likey your graphic. It is full of hope.

I do like hope and feel better when I have some, however, I can never actually leave it to hope. I am always trying to materialize that hope into a reality.

When Pandora's box is opened I try to let it ride. I guess that would be hope.

Tammy Brierly said...

I'm so glad you are smiling :) Hope keeps us going and always helps me get out of bed each day!

Happy day!

Jod{i} said...

Hope is what keeps us moving, without it(like me an my "i"), we would become stagnate.
I had that song playing at one time or another at my old journal...absolutely love it!

Peace
and Hope
Jod