Monday, February 27, 2006

THE TINKLE EPISODE (Repost 12-17-04)

In numerous journals I read regularly, the authors have been experiencing some especially difficult times. Their hearts are heavy, and their worries are numerous. Good people, painful situations.

There is little I can do to help them except offer my ear, words of encouragement, and prayers. I thought maybe it was time to bring out one of my goofier past entries with the hope I can bring a smile to their lips, at least for a moment, if they should read this repost.



Friday, December 17, 2004; 4:56:00 AM EST;Feeling Loopy; Hearing Lost In The Crowd~Shinedown



The "Tinkle" Episode

This sucks. I fell asleep at 11:15 p.m. and woke at about 2:30 a.m. unable to go back to sleep. ::sigh:: So, I thought I might as well write my journal entry. God only knows how screwed up it will be with me being semi-alert.

Ah, I did say I would write about my preschool tinkle episode. Heh. I have quite a few memories from my childhood. Let me preface this story with a description of me as a little kid. I was as cute as a button. ::wondering why my cuteness didn't stick around as I aged:: I was also a pretty wild child. My three sisters and I behaved perfectly at any function or event we were required to attend as a family. Mom and Dad always said they could take us anywhere, and we always behaved and were often complimented on our unusually good behavior. Now, get me away from the family and on my own...and let's just say I did some goofy things that were not "proper."

Okay, I was stuck having to go to a preschool when I was four. Mom and Dad were concerned because there were no neighborhood kids my exact age. Each of my sisters had others to play with who were age-appropriate playmates. None for me. The solution to the problem was to attend preschool. My teacher's name was Mrs. Hague. I called her Mrs. Egg or Mrs. Egghead (not TO her but to my parents). I didn't much like her. She was pretty old and stern.

One day after we had outdoor recess, we went back into the classroom. I had to tinkle big time. I asked Mrs. Egghead if I could please go to the bathroom. She told me NO...that another child was using the bathroom, and I had to wait. I told her I had to go really bad, and she told me the rules were only one child at a time. (Now mind you, this preschool was in a church where there were separate bathrooms for boys and girls. And it was a boy who was already using the one. I could not see any reason why I could not go, since he was in the boy's bathroom.) I was feeling pretty frantic not being sure I could hold it back much longer. Yes, I remember reaching down and actually holding myself.

Finally, I got the green light from the teacher to go on down the hall to the potty. God, I took off like a bat out of hell and ran down that hall.................all the while tinkling in my panties. ::hanging my head:: Yep, I accidentally opened the flood gates and was unable to hold back any longer. By the time I reached the bathroom, there was no reason to even sit on the potty, since I had already expelled all I had in me. Now what to do? I stood in that bathroom by myself (there were three stalls...all of which were empty) with positively drenched panties trying to think of how in the world I could return to class. There weren't any of those hand dryers that are so common now...that would have been a huge help.

Then I had my brilliant idea. I would just take off my panties and throw them away. After all, I was wearing a skirt, and it wasn't wet. Yay for me! I dragged thosedisgustingly wet panties off and tossed them in the trash can. I happily returned to class certain no one would be the wiser. Oops. I got back just in time for our daily nap portion of the day. We were instructed to get our little rugs and spread them out on the floor. I was close to the panic point. How could I possibly rest on the floor knowing that my bare butt would be seen?

I froze...I simply stood in one spot and watched all my little classmates bustling around gathering up their rugs and settling down to take a snooze. Mrs. Egghead told me to get my rug. I said NO. She told me again. I said NO. She told me I HAD TO. I said NO. She said if I didn't, I would get punished. I didn't say anything to her when she said that...but I also didn't budge from my spot. She was getting increasingly frustrated with me. All the other little nappers were in place and sprawled on the floor. She finally said she had no choice but to punish me.

My punishment? I had to sit on a chair while the kids napped, and I was not allowed to look at picture books or color. All I could do was sit. ::blink:: That was a punishment? That was a gift from God! I could sit there and my lil bare butt would go unnoticed by everyone. Yahoo! And that is exactly what I happily did for the entire nap time. I sat on a chair watching the other kids.

After the naps, we sat at tables and colored, then the day was over. Mom came and picked me up. I had made it! No one knew I had had an "accident." I was feeling pretty darn smug. Until..........

Mom got a phone call from Mrs. Egg. Apparently the janitor found my panties in the trash can (the perv probably kept 'em) and assumed they were someone's from the preschool. He reported his find to my teacher who put two and two together and realized that was probably the reason for my defiant behavior. Yikes...busted! I didn't get in any trouble from Mom or Dad. Mom thought I should have told Mrs. Egg, though, so she could have been called to bring me a new pair of panties. She told me I could not just go around throwing away my clothing. ::shrug::

That's probably one of my earliest memories. I am chuckling right now. Today it would be kind of a turn on to go without panties and see if anyone noticed. ::laughingggg::

Today's quote (note who said it!):

"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers." ~Socrates

4 comments:

Bon & Mal Mott said...

I attended a Catholic preschool and insisted in chewing gum in class. For some unknown reason, this ticked off the Sister no end. After many ineffectual prohibitions (I was a stubborn li'l bugger) she made me stand in a corner behind the piano with a dunce cap on my head and, for good measure, stuck the wad of gum in my hair. After spending a bit of time carefully removing the gum, my mother got on the phone to the school and let them have it in no uncertain terms.
Mal

Christina K Brown said...

Love the story, love the quote and love you to pieces!


I woulda thrown awya my panites too.


Who needs 'em?

Globetrotter said...

I got a heck of a chuckle reading this entry. Guess what? I had a very similar experience in kindergarten. 'Cept I was too dumb to think to throw the panties away.

Those teachers were rather insensitive to us little folks, don't cha think? I hated that teacher after she made such a big deal over me peeing all over the floor because SHE made me wait.

I'm laughing about going pantiless... good practice for the future, ehh? (wink, wink)

(I know that it was practice for this lil' wench in the husband fantasy fulfillment department!)

Thanks for making us smile, Nikki. This was a very well told and priceless recollection from childhood.

(Yes, you were adorable, and yes, you definitely still are!)

MAryanne

Tammy Brierly said...

I'm smiling big time! I would have done the same thing! Good story!

XXOO