Monday, August 14, 2006

SELF-PORTRAIT CHALLENGE, AUGUST, WEEK #3


August's theme at Self-Portrait Challenge is enclosed or tight places and spaces.

I cracked up when I took that shot of my face and put it on a jack-in-the-music-box. It seemed to "go" with me and my personality quite well.

First, I am a joker. I love, love, love to make people laugh. That is the intention of a jack-in-the-music-box, is it not?

Second, I have a sadistic sense of humor. Everyone knows that kids either love or hate these things. They scare the crap out of many young children and might even evoke a jerk out of an adult when the crank is turned just enough to release "jack" from his confines. I think it is a hoot when the kids cry. Kinda like when they sob and scream while sitting on Santa's lap. Hehe. Plus, I hate clowns. I get major heebie jeebies when I see them.

Third, I am always surrounded by music. I would, indeed, find myself lost without it.

And fourth, the idea of being shoved down inside that square box and having the lid latched absolutely wigs me out.

See how well this picture represents me?!!!

12 comments:

Deb R said...

Aaaccckkk! Too scary, too scary, I'm going to run away now!! LOL!

Intrepidflame said...

Nice and light, but very effective. I love it.

Tammy Brierly said...

Nikki this is soooo you! I love the nose job :) LOL

I can't get your beautiful poem with that picture out of my mind :)

Much love,
Tammy

Colorsonmymind said...

cool idea. I like the music too

Georgia said...

This is great! I am kinda scared of clowns... but this is still very fun.

Letha Sandison said...

That is tooo cute!!

angela said...

this is hilarious! good one !!!!
clever girl :)

Jeremy Stockwell said...

Great idea! I love it. Well done!

Barry Wallace said...

Everytime I see a jack-in-the-box I'm reminded of the old Twilight Zone episode with Billy Mumy where he sent people into "the cornfield" and turned one guy into a living jack-in-the-box.

*shiver*

Jod{i} said...

THis is GREAT!
I love the duality of it!

Globetrotter said...

That is just so fucking adorable!

(sorry luv, it was just a reactionary implosion from my mouth!)

xoxox
Moi

V said...

Hehehehehe,
V