Monday, August 07, 2006

V IS FOR...


Ahhhh, my trip to Chicago was sheer heaven. The King Tut exhibit (no photos allowed), Stained Glass Museum, Navy Pier for the Tall Ships show, Chicago Water Works facility, Lollapalooza, churches after churches, shopping, exceptional dining. And there were so many other activities and events I wish we had had time to see. If I have any regrets at all, it is that we were unable to stay longer. We tried to conjure up ways son and hubby could take off work for a few more days, but it was not to be. I think I will be returning right after Thanksgiving, sans kids, so I will get another dose of Chicago then.



Of all the cities I have visited here in the United States, Chicago remains the one that has seemingly permanently captured my heart. Oh, how I love it there.

"This is my kind of town, Chicago is
My kind of town, Chicago is
My kind of people too
People who smile at you"

~My Kind Of Town by Frank Sinatra

5 comments:

Barry Wallace said...

Sounds like a great trip. I've never been to Chicago, but we may be going next spring (either there or Charleston with my son's show choir). I just wanna see Wrigley Field :)

WingWoman said...

welcome back! I am so thrilled to hear that you had a marvellous time :-) If you haven't yet utilized the quick getaways at site59.com take a look...it's the only way I preserve my sanity when the city beats me up too much

hugs, meg

Bon & Mal Mott said...

We're delighted that you are able to get away occasionally; in one way or another, whether through physical or mental means, we all need that release. Cheers!

Hugs,
Bonnie and Walt
;) :-)

Tammy Brierly said...

Welcome home lady :) DebR fixed my problem with your SPC last week. Looks like you had a blast, glad you're home.

XXOO

V said...

Great Pics!
V