Monday, September 04, 2006

IN THE SHOWER~Self-Portrait Challenge, #1 September


He prefers showers; I prefer baths. He is somewhat inhibited; I am a bit of an exhibitionist. He is quiet; I am often loud. He is Italian, Irish, and Slovak; I am a WASP. He is brilliant with numbers; I still count on my fingers at times. He plays guitar; I play with paints. He watches television; I watch the stars. He grew up in a small town; I grew up in a big city. He has brothers; I have sisters. He appears calm; I appear ready to dial 9-1-1. He laughs with a smile; I laugh out loud. He keeps most of his thoughts to himself; I blog mine. He sees the black and white; I see the gray.

And he is the man with whom I chose to spend the rest of my life. My husband. He loves me; I love him.


(Self-Portrait Challenge Theme: September is ‘with someone‘ month - that means you must include someone else in your self portrait. Someone meaningful to your life or to the moment or to a specific event that you wish to document.

Guidelines:1. each week in the month use a different person in your self portait.2. either talk about that person or illustrate in the photograph why you have included them and how they are meaningful.)

21 comments:

Lina said...

I love this. The photo and the writing. It somehow makes you seem to be the perfect couple. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking image. This is my favorite of yours so far. It is so intimate yet inviting. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, this is fabulous.

dani said...

loving the music....really loving it. this isn't your husband is it? please tell me who it is i want to get it.

and this photo is just beautiful!!! perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

The photo is excellent but my favourite part of this post would have to be your explanation! It's cute ^_^

Thanks for the comment on my SPC, by the way!

Deb R said...

Fabulous photo! Love it!

Kamsin said...

Lovely photo! Sounds like opposites really do attract!

Anonymous said...

Really cool picture... Is it a photograph / sketch / what?
Did you make it yourself?
Its really lovely :)
South African greetings again!
danette
(here by way of BlogMad)

Left-handed Trees... said...

Sultry, tasteful, and ethereal--what a photo!

Loralee Choate said...

OMG that is so cool...romantic...artistic.

Tammy Brierly said...

I 2nd the WOW! Beautiful my love! There is a lid for every pot:)

Unknown said...

Yowzaz! That's a hot photo! The story of the two of you is great too.

Georgia said...

THIS is breathtaking! What a beautiful portrait, and I love what you wrote too!!!

Tish said...

Ooooh, this photo is absolutely gorgeous!!

falwyn said...

astounding photo!

liz elayne lamoreux said...

this is fantastic. simply fantastic.

and your words are wonderful...

Anonymous said...

Nice ... vive la difference! especially the *he keeps his thoughts to himself : I blog mine* LOL

Jamie said...

What a beautiful, intimate photo. The subtleties and contrasts of black and white reflect your beautiful words.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Fabulous!!! Great photography and writing! Mary

Kim Carney said...

Wow, that is the best!!!! I love it

sqrl said...

absolutely beautiful picture and I love what you say about your relationship, just beautiful...