Tuesday, September 12, 2006

ME WITH A G


It was over the weekend that I began this watercolor painting. The photograph from which I worked is of an online friend of mine. Her body is perfection, and I hope I captured at least some of that beauty in this painting. She has an equally beautiful face, and eyes that are full of life, intelligence, joy, and a sprinkling of mischief. She also has a man in her real-time world who is the embodiment of masculinity and all that is good in a human being.

Her name is Meg. Me with a g. I came to know her through her poetry. One poem in particular literally swept my breath from me, and I knew I had to find out more about her.

We have become friends. I learn from her, and I would like to think she learns from me. Her interests are wide and varied, and she fascinates me. I love to send her music. Sometimes I hit the mark, and she enjoys the songs. Most of them are sent for reasons that only she would know. They "fit" a person or situation.

And so, with time, I have grown to know much about her. She is a very sensual woman, and that sensuality surrounds her like an aura, which is evident in her writings and looks. I finally asked if I could paint this picture of her. The shadows playing across her splendid body intrigued me, as did the artistic pose. I am heterosexual, but I certainly can and do recognize and appreciate beauty. I wanted to give a go at attempting to capture it with my watercolors. With her permission, I painted it, then I asked for permission to post it. She granted it. ::smile::

Thank you, Me with a g. It is my hope you are pleased with this rendering of you.

"The portrait is one of the most curious art forms. It demands special qualities in the artist, and an almost total kinship with the model." ~Henri Matisse

15 comments:

Jod{i} said...

Oh My Nikki!!
Incredible piece of work! I just can not express in this medium how you captured it!
Incredible, I am envious...So green...

Peace&Love

mikster said...

Wow...very nice work.

Blogmad hit!

Tammy Brierly said...

You did a fabulous job Nikki! I'm sure Meg will be thrilled and honored :)

WingWoman said...

Nikki -
I am stunned, and honored and, well, did I mention stunned?
Thank you. This is magnificent and so kind.
Wow.
Meg

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Beautiful!
georgia | Homepage | 09.13.06 - 12:36 am |

Anonymous said...

I never had a full appreciation of your talent. I stand educated! That is an incredible work of art.

Don't know how I lost ya, but now I found ya!

Jimmy
Jimmy | Homepage | 09.13.06 - 2:33 am |

Anonymous said...

You are SUCH a talented artist, Nikki.

I love it!
Kris | Homepage | 09.13.06 - 2:43 am |

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is truly stunningly beautiful! You are so good at this!

Me with a G (hmmm... can imagine what that's about!)must have been totally wowed by this as well...

Maryanne
globetrotter2u | Homepage | 09.13.06 - 11:27 am |

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've done an awesome job! A beautiful painting!
BoiseLadie | Homepage | 09.14.06 - 12:33 am |

Anonymous said...

wow. you did a splendid job!
shrewness | Homepage | 09.14.06 - 9:01 am |

Anonymous said...

I am a heterosexual too, but I am a male, and I got to say, aaaaa, woo hoo, ooh mama. LOL

Seriously, I love the painting.

Like I said before, you got skills.
Charles | Homepage | 09.15.06 - 2:04 pm |

Anonymous said...

need to lose the auto play music...

Bedazzzled1 said...

Lose the auto play music? Uh, no. All anyone has to do is click on the jukebox in between the left and right arrows, and it stops the music. I think big people can figure it out. But, thanks for your suggestion anyway. ::smile::

Dana said...

This painting is amazing! You are very talented.

Joy said...

Hi Nikki! I followed you from Meg's blog.
The painting is magnificent!