Monday, September 11, 2006

WITH THE OWNERS OF MY HEART~SPC, September, Week 2


They not only hold my hands, but they hold my heart for all of time. My son. My daughter.

Two unique beings created from love and unconditionally loved by me. They are bits of me and bits of my husband and bits of their ancestors. And they bring their own individual traits into this world.

I see in them the past, the present, and the future. It is with tremendous pride I call them my children. Beauties, both, in every way.


(Self-Portrait Challenge Theme: September is ‘with someone‘ month - that means you must include someone else in your self portrait. Someone meaningful to your life or to the moment or to a specific event that you wish to document.

Guidelines: 1. each week in the month use a different person in your self portait. 2. either talk about that person or illustrate in the photograph why you have included them and how they are meaningful.)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how your shots are always so mysterious, yet they tell a story nontheless.

Nice new look on the blog. Is this Beta, because up till now i have had nothing but trouble with it?

Barry Wallace said...

I love seeing families that love each other. What a great photo!!

Mrs. Spencer said...

Love the new blog look too! Your picture is so great - our hands speak volumes about us.

Colorsonmymind said...

This is so symbolic of the tight connection and bond of children and mother.

Great job.

Deb R said...

That's a beautiful photo!

Anonymous said...

This is a very beautiful photo. I loved it.

Bon & Mal Mott said...

We always hold on to those we love, even when they're gone. Connections will never die.

Hugs,
Bonnie and Walt

Tammy Brierly said...

Love the new crib :) I love your entry this week because it reflects a life long love bond. Precious!

HUGS

Loralee Choate said...

I think that pictures of hands are so telling and beautiful.

Jeremy Stockwell said...

Beautiful picture and words.

Kim Carney said...

That is a wonderfully written tribute to your children. I am tearing up ... pass the hankie.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I am trying to think what it will be like when my children are all grown... *tear* that will be so weird to me... I love having them so cuddly and little.

xoxox
georgia | Homepage | 09.13.06 - 12:40 am |

Anonymous said...

i love this and thinking about all of the things that make our children who they are. bits of him, and her from near and far like you've said.
Angela | Homepage | 09.14.06 - 8:45 am |

Anonymous said...

Hands speak volumes to me anyway--as a very kinesthetic person. Your image captured the grip--the strength of the family bonds. Thanks so much for posting this image!
C. Delia | Homepage | 09.14.06 - 9:40 am |